Saturday, May 7, 2016

How to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior


How To Know Jesus Personally



God wants each of us to experience a life that has meaning, direction, love and peace. God makes this kind of life possible through a personal relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ.
Here are five truths that will help you understand God's desire for you.

1) God has a plan for your life:
"God in heaven appoints each person's work" (John 3:27)
God created you and has good plans for your life. To know those plans, you must know God personally.
2) God's plan gives meaning:
"Jesus replied, I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thrist" (John 6:35)
Many people seek meaning and purpose for their life. But they never find it because they look for meaning in the wrong things and the wrong people. When you follow God's plans for your life, the most important of which is to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you will find meaning and purpose in all that you do.
3) God's plan gives direction:
"Jesus said to the people, I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life" (John 8:12)
Without God's direction, you may not know what to do with your life. You may try a lot of things, hoping to find meaning in each one. But if you have God in your life, He will lead you and show you how to make your life count for Him and His Kingdom.
4) God's plan brings peace:
"I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled of afraid" (John 14:27)
When you follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you will be at peace with God. You will also be filled with God's peace. So when troubles come, you will be able to have peace as you endure hardships.
5) God's plan is for you to live with Him in heaven:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)
Before Adam and Eve sinned (Genesis 3) they had a good relationship with God. Therefore, they were able to come into God's physical presence. But after they sinned, they lost that relationship and could no longer come into God's physical presence. Sin had separated them and the entire human race, including you, from God. But God did not want sin to keep people from having a relationship with Him. So He provided a way in which people could be cleansed of their sins and live with Him in heaven forever. He gave His only Son, Jesus, as the perfect payment of everyone's sins.


Here are four things you need to do in order to know Jesus personally as your Lord and Savior

1) Recognize that you are a sinner:
"For all have sinned, all fall short of God's glorious standard" (Romans 3:23)
"As the Scriptures say, no one is good - not even one" (Romans 3:10)
Because everyone is a sinner, no one deserves eternal life with God in heaven. In addition, no one can work hard enough to earn this life. Instead, God gives eternal life to everyone who believes that Jesus Christ is His Son. Before you can appreciate what Jesus has done for you, you need to recognize that you are a sinner in need of God's forgiveness. If you never acknowledge this, you will never accept God's forgiveness for your sins, and you will never enter into heaven.
2) Ask Jesus to forgive you:
"Yet now He has brought you back as His friends. He has done thris through His death on the cross in His own human body. As a result, He has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault" (Colossians 1:22)
If you recognize that you are a sinner, then you may be ready to ask Jesus to forgive you.
Do you believe that Jesus is the eternal Son of God, who died to pay for your sins? If you do, and you have never thanked Christ for dying for you, thank Him right now in a simple prayer.
Pray.......
"Lord, I thank you for paying for the sins I have committed. I give my life to you. Teach me the right way to live. Amen."
3) Ask Him into your heart:
God knows your heart and is not so concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart. The following is a suggested prayer:
"Dear God, I agree with you that I am a sinner and have no way of saving myself. I believe that Jesus is your Son and came and died for me. I believe that His Blood can cover my sins. I confess that I have sin in my life and I need to be forgiven. Please forgive me and come into my heart right now. I am sincere in my prayer and I want you to be my Savior because I am lost without You. Please save me now and make me a new person. I accept your forgiveness and believe that you have heard and answered my prayer. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name. Amen."
Does this prayer express the desire of your heart?
If it does, I invite you to pray this prayer right now, and Christ will come into your life, as He promised.
4) Turn away from your sins:
"Those who have been born into God's family do not sin, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they have been born of God" (1 John 3:9)


As a Christian, you may sin from time to time. But you should not continue to live a sinful lifestyle. Putting your faith in Jesus means that you are leaving behind your old, sinful nature. It also means that you are living to please God. You can live to please God by obeying the commands He has given everyone in the Bible. If you obey God, you can be sure that you are a Christian and will one day have eternal life in heaven.


It's very important to study God's Word. Start reading the Bible daily.
Pray to Him daily....be in communication and fellowship with Him daily.
Find a church and attend regularly.
Try to find other Christians to be in fellowship with, Bible studies, groups, etc. This is a great way to have support and help to build and strengthen your faith. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment